Technical Sales Manager – Auto Aftermarket / Commercial Vehicle Fleet Mgt.
We are looking for a passionate technical sales manager to drive our vehicle health management, data analytics, and cybersecurity products and services in the commercial vehicle aftermarket and fleet management market segment. The role requires hands-on experience as a technical sales manager of technical solutions into the vehicle health management, preventive maintenance, predictive, prognostic, and diagnostics use-cases. The ideal candidate has a healthy blend of technical and business acumen, critical thinking and tactical execution and can collaborate and drive data science & engineering to align solutions to solve customer challenges and develop new ideas based on industry experience and customers inputs.
· Pro-actively identify and develop potential opportunities with new customers.
· Seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities for SafeRide solutions
· Identify and target customer use-cases for deploying predictive and prognostic maintenance to create efficiencies and cost reductions to operating costs for vehicle fleet operators; and align same with the SafeRide products and services.
· Manage external and internal client relationships, developing & strengthening client loyalty by providing quality proposals & services, advise, support and information that address customer objectives
· Establish customer contacts by developing strategies for new customer acquisition
· Evaluation of the feasibility of customer-specific requirements and close cooperation with the interfaces involved in the company
· Understand and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of SafeRide products, content and solutions including the ability to articulate competitive differences and our value proposition
· Ability to identify and communicate effectively with executives or other high-level managers within a customer's organization
· Research and understand market direction and customer needs and develop functional and technical requirements from which the engineering teams can implement new products and offerings.
· Strong track record of success as a technical sales manager
· Experience in selling, using, and or interfacing with fleet managements solutions
· Experience in automotive telematics, vehicle maintenance, and / or connected services sold into trucking companies
· Established senior level network within vehicle aftermarket and/or fleet management related solutions
· Strong leadership and people skills with consistent track record in leading successful projects, products, or business initiatives
· Good understanding of the end user needs, business drivers and industry practices
· Able to articulate and simplify value proposition of complex technologies
· Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment
· Passionate about team culture with high emphasis on execution, customer advocacy
· Knowledge of and former participation in the ATA/TMC (American Trucking Association / Technology Maintenance Council).
· B.Sc. in Engineering (e.g. wide range of degrees could satisfy; including but not limited to Computer Science or equivalent disciplines related to Embedded Software, Data Science, Data Acquisition, Data Management, Telecom, Diagnostics, Vehicle Maintenance, Fleet Management, and/or related fields of engineering)