As a Field Application Engineer, Vehicle Health Management (FAE-VHM), you’ll be part of a diverse group of technical experts working together to bring our vInsight family of SafeRide products and services to customers. You will receive a thorough specialized training and understanding of SafeRide products and services for deployment scenarios. The successful candidate will work closely with customers to understand their use-case / needs and to ensure the proper technical solution is presented to our customers to help solve their problems.
- Conduct product demonstrations and advise customers regarding advanced technical solutions to their target use-cases
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed technical solutions related to predictive and prognostic maintenance development tools and embedded software
- Work in multiple levels of the technology stack (e.g. data science, embedded software, embedded hardware, telematics, vehicle gateways, vehicle maintenance systems)
- Partner with sales executives to provide technical aspects of the go to market implementation of complex products
- Create custom reporting and integrations with customer/partner technical stack via API
- Work closely with the VHM Data Science team and software engineering team to interface directly with customers to understand their technical requirements and use-case needs; align those with SafeRide products and service solutions and work to deploy and implement same.
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years+ experience working with customers in application engineering and support capacity of a complex technical products sold into the commercial vehicle market and/or fleet operators in North America.
- Experience and technical knowledge of commercial vehicle maintenance, fleet management systems, telematics, and/or diagnostic tools and/or related engineered products/services. (e.g. J-1939, ATA/TMC Recommended Practices, VMRS codes)
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments of highly technical products
· Strong leadership and people skills with consistent track record in leading successful projects, products, or business initiatives
- Business oriented and international mindset, strong influential capabilities
· Good understanding of the end user needs, business drivers and industry practices
· Able to articulate and simplify value proposition of complex technologies
· Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment
· Passionate about team culture with high emphasis on execution, customer advocacy
· Knowledge of and former participation in the ATA/TMC (American Trucking Association / Technology Maintenance Council)
- · B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent disciplines related to Embedded Software, Data Science, Data Acquisition, Data Management, Telecom, Diagnostics, Vehicle Maintenance, Fleet Management, and/or related fields of engineering)